Training on proposal writing
However, the team is limited to 4 people, including an executive director, a financial officer and two project managers, and has a small experience on proposal writing and faces difficulties to understand some of the criterias of the calls for proposals.
The team is also learning in doing and does not have a mapping of the priorities or strategy on proposal writing.
The mission’s goal is to provide CEDT’s team with general knowledge on proposal writing, so the team’s members can better support the executive director.
Intervention attendue du volontaire
• Analysis of CEDT’s team capacities and needs in proposal writing
• Based on the first analysis outcomes, design a training for the team on proposal writing.
• Under the supervision of the trainer, examples of proposals will be written by the team
• A guide including recommendations and tips for the CEDT’s team will be written by the trainer
The following topics might be covered:
• Introduction to proposal writing (goals, main challenges, the different steps, etc.)
• How to get ready before writing a proposal (writing about the organization, …)
• The actual proposal (problem statement and project rationale, project goal, project objectives, strategies and activities, performance indicators, etc…)
• Budget and proposal packaging
– Day 1 : the volunteer is welcomed by the team, learn about the context and assess the team’s skills regarding proposal writing
– Day 2 & 3 : design of the training
– Day 4 to 8 : implementation of the training to all the team with practical exercises- – could be adjusted upon volunteer recommendation – half days training will be easier for the team.
– Day 9 to 10 : writing of recommendations
Profil des bénéficiaires
– 1 Executive director
– 1 Financial officer
– 2 project managers
The executive director has a good level of English.
Other members of the team speak limited English. They can understand English but don’t speak well.
Understanding: 5 to 7/10
Writing : 3/10
Speaking : 2 to 3/10
Congé Solidaire;Mission Solidaire
Notre partenaire local
Community Empowerment and Development Team (CEDT)
Community Empowerment and Development Team (CEDT) is a Cambodian NGO funded in 2009. CEDT pursues the objectives to strengthen urban and rural poor communities to improve their housing conditions, their livelihood, to access sustainable natural resources, to achieve security of tenure and to realize their housing rights. The approach that CEDT follows is a people-led, participatory planning process.
Since 2015, CEDT is implementing a Natural Resources Management (NRM) program. The team supports rural communities living in to be recognized as Community Protected Area or Community Forestry procedures. Following a conservation purpose, the recognition guarantees local communities exclusive right on sustainable use of natural resources, in return for management and patrolling of the area. Once the community could access to this status, CEDT also support them into designing and implementing the management plans of these CPAs/CFs.
The team is limited to 4 people, including an executive director, a financial officer and two project managers. A new project manager will soon join the team.
Accueil et transfert
The volunteer could take a tuk-tuk to go from the hotel to CEDT’s office.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be taken in hotel or restaurants nearby.
Matériel disponible sur place
Partenaire : Community Empowerment and Development Team (CEDT)
C, Phnom Penh
GPS : lat
Thématique : Développement
Type d’intervention : Formation pour adultes
Compétences : Coordination de projet
Nombre attendu de volontaire(s) sur la mission : 1
Durée : 2 semaines
Mission disponible toute l’année