Training on professional English skills – EN LIGNE-
The mission’s goal is to strengthen CEDT’s English skills the time that the management team finds a long-term training. Thus, it will ease the implementation of other trainings provided to the team (proposal writing and communication).
Intervention attendue du volontaire
• Week 1: Meeting with the team, Introduction to CEDT work, Assessment of CEDT’s team capacities and needs in Professional English (writing/speaking/understanding).
• Week 2 and 3: Design of the training content. Focus on writing skills. (Grammar, Spelling and Punctuation, email writing, etc.)
• Week 4 and 6: Focus on speaking skills (everyday communication basics, pronunciation, presentation, etc.)
• Week 7: Practical exercises, both oral and written, reflecting the specific context of the NGO (ex: posts for the Facebook page, answering a call from a foreign partner, etc.)
• Week 8: Assessment of CEDT’s team capacities and needs in Professional English (writing/speaking/understanding. Report Writing for the next volunteer (recommendation for training to come).
The training must very practical and participative.
The team will be available from 7.30 am and 4 pm (Cambodian Time, UTC +7).
Estimated number of hours for the mission’s implementation: 48 to 72 hours.
o Meetings with the team: 24 to 36 hours
o Volunteer’s preparation work: 24 to 36 hours
o CEDT staff’ preparation work (exercises in-between meetings):
Profil des bénéficiaires
– 1 Executive director
– 1 Financial officer
– 2 project managers
– 2 volunteers (Battamang and Siem Reap)
The executive director has a good level of English.
Other members of the team speak limited English. They can understand English but do not speak well.
Understanding: 5 to 7/10
Writing : 3/10
Speaking : 2 to 3/10
Notre partenaire local
Community Empowerment and Development Team (CEDT)
Community Empowerment and Development Team (CEDT) is a Cambodian NGO funded in 2009. CEDT pursues the objectives to strengthen urban and rural poor communities to improve their housing conditions, their livelihood, to access sustainable natural resources, to achieve security of tenure and to realize their housing rights. The approach that CEDT follows is a people-led, participatory planning process.
Since 2015, CEDT is implementing a Natural Resources Management (NRM) program. The team supports rural communities living in to be recognized as Community Protected Area or Community Forestry procedures. Following a conservation purpose, the recognition guarantees local communities exclusive right on sustainable use of natural resources, in return for management and patrolling of the area. Once the community could access to this status, CEDT also support them into designing and implementing the management plans of these CPAs/CFs.
The team is limited to 4 people, including an executive director, a financial officer and two project managers. A new project manager will soon join the team.
Partenaire : Community Empowerment and Development Team (CEDT)
C, Phnom Penh
GPS : lat
Thématique : Développement
Type d’intervention : Formation pour adultes
Compétences : Animation et Education
Nombre attendu de volontaire(s) sur la mission : 1
Durée : entre 5 et 10 semaines
Mission disponible toute l’année