Digital marketing tools training
SARAY-CBET is an informal group of families providing goods and services to visitors in Prek Toal village, namely paddleboat tours, water hyacinth handicraft products, restaurant and homestays.
An agreement has been signed between Osmose and SARAY-CBET with the goal of developing SARAY-CBET activities and capacities towards financial sustainability, participative and fair decision process and eventually full independence from OSMOSE.
The goal of Osmose is then to strengthen the Saray-CBET groups on the lake to make them less dependent on tourism and to make their activities more sustainable.
A restructuration of Osmose’s team occurred in 2022, following the transfer of the eco-tourism activity to a private company.
The team is now composed by:
– A operational director, working part-time (2 days a week)
– A coordinator of the community tourism programme, working part-time
– A Sales representatives that joined the team in November 2022, working part-time (3 days a week)
– An accountant officer, to be recruited soon.
Even though the sales representative is experienced in sales and marketing, the team needs support to develop and diversify the Saray sales, especialy though online marketing.
The specific objective of the intervention is then to support Osmose’s Team with a need-based training on how to efficiently develop their marketing tools, based on a in depth analysis of Osmose’s situation and capacity.
This mission is the first intervention of a series of missions focusing on marketing and sales.
Intervention attendue du volontaire
• Analyzing Osmose’s team’s capacities in marketing and sales
• Analyzing Osmose’s income generating activities and the organization’s overall situation :
• Based on the first analysis outcomes, design a training for the team on digital marketing and online sales. The training must include practical focuses on:
o How to manage Facebook and Instagram accounts, and potential new platforms identified by the volunteer.
o Online marketing kit: how to design better catalogues, visual mediums, etc. using simple tools (e.g. Canvas)
o Booth marketing kit: organize the booth for a market/fair, identify and design the right tools (business cards, rolling I-stands, leaflets, etc.)
The training must be very practical and lead to the improvement of existing tools/development of new tools.
Hours of training: 2 days of observation at the beginning including 1 potential day and night on the lake. Then the schedule could be adapted by the volunteer depending on the needs.
Volunteer will walk from Hotel to Osmose’s office (2 min walk)
Type de bénéficiaires
Profil des bénéficiaires
The operational director one has a general managing (BBA) background and his working for Osmose for 10 years
Participants English Level is good to fluent
Congé Solidaire;Mission Solidaire
Notre partenaire local
OSMOSE’s goal is to promote harmony between the local communities and the Prek Toal Ramsar Site and to facilitate both the conservation of the Tonle Sap environment and the sustainable livelihoods of the floating village communities.
OSMOSE’s approach supports the conservation of Prek Toal’s critical waterbird colonies through Ecotourism, Environmental Education and Social support.
The Osmose project is a pilot action initiated in 1999 combining environment and development in the Prek Toal area on the Tonle Sap Lake in Cambodia. The site is the home to the last colonies of large waterbirds in Southeast Asia, then threatened with extinction by the massive collection of eggs and young birds. The project’s approach is original in that it integrates the conservation of the colonies, environmental education, and ecotourism, with the aim of equitable development of the surrounding lake communities. After six years of perseverance, the bird colonies are saved, 1000 children are following the environmental education program, and Osmose is the leading player in tourism in the area.
In addition, 100 families below the poverty line benefit from social, medical and educational support and/or alternative income-generating activities to fishing that is not dependent on declining natural resources.
• Environmental education (indoors and outdoors classes)
• Developing income-generating activities for the people on the lake such as jacinth waving, restaurant, hosting, and paddle boat
• Creating a local cooperative to manage economics activities.
• Support this cooperative in order to get its full independence
• Training guides specialized in birds
• Implementing floating gardens
• Mobiles clinics
• Distributing filters and train people to use and maintain it
Accueil et transfert
The accommodation will include a private room with private bathroom, electricity and internet connection.
Matériel disponible sur place
Partenaire : Osmose
C, Siem Reap
GPS : lat
Thématique : Développement
Type d’intervention : Formation pour adultes
Compétences : Communication, Commerce
Nombre attendu de volontaire(s) sur la mission : 1
Durée : 2 semaines
Mission disponible toute l’année