There are many organizations / people involved in the process of establishing Sane Guruji Rashtriy Smarak. In 1999, which is birth centenary year of Sane Guruji a renowned writer, social reformer and freedom fighter who extensively engaged with children and youth at emotive and intellectual level in Maharashtra, India. The group of people led by Mr. Gajanan Khatu who were working on social development issues and were working toward strengthening democratic values came together to realize their dream of creating a camping place for children, youth and every one of them who wants to learn, experiment with ideas and contribute to the society. Mr. Gajanan Khatu is a writer and has long experience of working with youth organization and in the field of cooperative management.
Sane Guruji Rashtriya Smarak Trust is a social organization working for empowerment of youth.
Sane Guruji Rashtriya Smarak Trust has decided to focus on three areas : holistic Child education development, Translation & Literature & Youth empowerment.
The overall goal of the Sane Guruji Rashtriya Smarak Trust is to identify, connect and inspire the youth of the world by lifting them to greater heights and encouraging them to take their rightful place in making a difference in the world. It is imperative to utilize positive influence on these Young Leaders and Earth Heroes so that they can make the necessary changes and have a positive impact on global awareness. It is time to realize that “we all have a similar pulse and live on common ground.”
The Sane Guruji Rashtriya Smarak Trust encourages young people to engage in creative thinking and problem solving that leads to positive action. Sane Guruji Rashtriya Smarak Trust has identified five key areas of focus for positive action in the world : Economic Development, Literacy, Social Justice, Environment and Creative Expression.
The Sane Guruji Rashtriya Smarak Trust runs various projects :
- Shram Sanskar Yuva Chhawani (Camp for inculcating value of physical labor among youth )
- Nature trail – Walk in the nature to understand the flora and fauna
- Prerana Prabodhan Shibir (Inspiration and Guidance camp for children and adolscents)
NSS Shibir (College going youths Camps for National Service Scheme – A government scheme for involving youth in social issues)
- Other organisations shibir (Camps organized by other Social Organisation working on social justice, education , environment etc )
- Mitramelava (Friendship camps)
- Krida Melava (Sports camps)
- A translation center (Aantarbharati Anuwad Suvidha Kendra) is also functional where exchange between translators of different Indian languages is organized.
The Sane Guruji Rashtriya Smarak Trust supports mainly students & youth :
- School Students - 4000 – 5000 (age-13-15) in terms of Residential Camp & Trips
- College Students – 2500 – 3000 (Age 17-25) for various youth camp, N.S.S. Camp, Yuva Chavani and educational trips.